2014年4月10日 星期四

Low WIP activities

Sorry for my long time no update. As my last article, I am so busy to learn how to do my boss's job right now.
Today I have a little free time, and I will shear my project in recently. My company are not in a good situation right now, due to our products are not meet customer request and have some performance issues. And we change a Chairman and General Managers in less season. New boss always have a lot of suggestions like you never do the right thing right.
It's a common situations when a new boss on line. He/She need to identify how worse you are and then the improve is his contribution, if company fail is not his fault. I am surprise them will do the same thing to us.
So we stop all the shipment until we know how to build low cost high quality productions.

Our new chairman defined the target in 2014, Q1 find a workable plan to cut burn rate, to save money. Q2 EPI line yield X Dice Bin Yield >=84% (it's difficult) Q3, 150 lm/W emitter develop success, and Q4 find out a salable and make money's products.

Due to we stop fabrication in line, all the DL are idle right now, MFG need to plan a series activities for DL's free time. We make a training plan for the low WIP activities.
1. MO/OP exam, to re-flash DL's memory about these mis-operation cases. We use paper exam to verify. We delivery the MO/OP historical cases to each DL, and spent time to make sure their are reading and thinking what's wrong in these cases. And we have a test within a week, to test the DL, the qualify score are set above 85.
2. PN exam, PN means Production Notice, it's an engineer documents, to remind DL how to do his job well, or remind new process method change in line. It's the similar procedure with MO/OP exam.
3. O.I/SOP debug, DL to study OI/SOP and find out the bug ask ENG to fix it, update the documents. And we design a compliance in individual and groups. We count the bug numbers, the most and valuable bug will be recognize.
4. Multi-Function DL training, we design a activities to push DL to lear new skills in Line, and their will have different skill in line, and more overtime opportunity and less idle manpower in line.
5.Training, we ask Engineers to delivery some engineer training courses for DL, to more understand the process follow and single process concepts.

That's what I do right now.

Next time I will show how to do a certify in Line, including the HRMS (I created) system concept.    

沒有留言:

張貼留言